random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

We had a big wind/rain storm last night. Felt so good! We took our girls, along with our dog shopping and left all our windows open -oops. Made a mess of water and glass. But you know, just being with my whole family (dog & all) left me with a great feeling of contentment. That feeling that all is right in my world. What a gift from my Creator.

I came across this poem recently from a Bruderhof site. I see the truth in these words. At first I wondered if I was guilty of holding too tight to my family - that my happiness and contentment was all wrapped up in them. And to some degree, that may be true. However, I've come to a different conclusion. In seeing my family as a gift - and in turning all the love I have for them back as gratitude to Jesus - it somehow keeps a proper balance.

The Cause of Unhappiness

Anthony de Mello

If you look carefully you will see that there is one thing and only one thing that causes unhappiness. The name of that thing is attachment. What is an attachment? An emotional state of clingingcaused by the belief that without some particular thing or some person you cannot be happy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home