random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008


In the midst of the crazy stuff of life - there are gifts. Moments, seconds even, of clarity. Just enough so that you can carry on with fresh perspective. December is always busy. For everyone. Christmas parties, family get-togethers, band concerts, recitals, school assemblies. It just is full. And they are all good and fun. Just tiring.

So in the middle of me feeling so tired - so busy with the month of December, I received a little gift in the form of a reminder. Our friend went in for emergency surgery to have her very infected appendix removed. She was in serious and excruciating pain. It was a little worrisome as it took some time to diagnose. It is just difficult to see someone that you care about be in that much pain. It was like hitting the "pause" button. Suddenly comes focus. Ah, these things that take up space on my calendar, that have me rushing to and fro, they will pass. They aren't really so bad.

Because in the end I have family - amazing family - that I love and who love me back. I have friends that are true and faithful. That I love and who love me back. I have a faith in a God who I love - and who loves me back - So much so, that I celebrate His birth in just a couple weeks.

My life, be it ever so busy, is wonderful. It is rich and full. I am blessed, truly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home