random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Well today is the day. Election day in the United States. It's been a long time coming. Come tomorrow we should know who the people have chosen to lead them for the next four years. I confess I am feeling edgy because while all indicators are that Mr. Obama will win - you just never know. My brother-in-law, who is an American wrote a lengthy and challenging post about his thoughts on American politics. I just grabbed one of his last lines because it echoes my own heart. Regardless of who is sitting in the White House tomorrow and for the next four years - it is God who is in control. It is He and He alone who brings change.

... Bottom line is that the hope for the world is neither Barak Obama nor John McCain. As much as it may pain us to say it, it’s not the United States of America, Canada, or even freedom. It’s Jesus. And if we take the time to read what He says in the gospels…and really wrestle with how we live that out, we begin to be used by the Holy Spirit to change hearts. And that’s what I want to give my life to. ~Jeff Kuhn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home