random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Two things. Wait...no, Three things.

First, my prerogative to change my mind. I have decided to cast my vote strategically. In my riding,Chuck Strahl of the Conservatives is the candidate. and although I am not Conservative - I like him. I always have. If I thought he needed my vote to win - I'd give it to him. But he will win - probably with a landslide, as usual. So I will end up casting my ballot Liberal - even though I don't know the candidate. But really, I want the liberals in opposition and the conservatives in a minority. At least until we are through this economic crisis. This voting thing is tiring. *sigh*

Second, wow - heckuvawindstorm last night!! Everyone was in our bed by about 4:30 a.m. and by 5 a.m. we dragged in a mattress for the floor so we could at least sleep slightly comfortably. The kids anyway. Me? Wide awake. Praying my heart would settle down and the sweats would stop. It ticks me off that my body still responds so acutely. We lost a beautiful apple tree in this storm.

And finally...and perhaps most important. My baby turned 12. She's been a gift to this family right from her first breath.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Phoebe. Last year of "tweens". Hope you have a wonderful day and your year lives up to all your expectations.
Grandma B

2:46 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

I was thinking of you that night of the wind storm. I didn't sleep well either.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that October 5th is shared with another beautiful person. We make great Libra's Phoebe!!! And yes I thought of you during the wind!! My how the thought of wind has changed our perspectives!!!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home