random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Time for a confession. I did not climb the volcano. I had a horrifying ride in a van all the way up to 6000 feet - and when I got out of the van, shaky legs and all, I had trouble breathing. I have asthma and let's just say that hiking up even higher was not an option. The girls went up and there is quite a story to tell but it's for later. Suffice it to say that it is a Latin American custom to not quite tell the truth. A short 10 minute hike translates to 1 1/2 hrs straight up on loose lava. Crazy.
Anyway. No complaining here. I love this trip - I'm seeing things that are going to take me quite awhile to express. Some beautiful, some heartbreaking, some encouraging and uplifting, some breathtakingly sorrowful.

Break is almost over. Hasta luego.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have walked on lava rock in the Nishga Valley and it was a challenge on flat ground. Can't imagaine going straight up! I am enjoying "chatting" with the girls and hearing their take on the econony etc. Continue to enjoy--we're thinking of you.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home