random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Friday, August 08, 2008

I'm in that mood again. The mood that gets me thinking about how we've only got one go around on this earth. One life. Do the choices we make in lifestyle reflect that? I'm getting these thoughts...these ideas. Like,say we chucked it all. Well, not really chucked - more like sold it all. Everything. And bought a travel van (like the "great big rolling turd" in the movie RV - but smaller) or bought a cafe or coffee farm in Guatemala. What if we just did it. Risked the Western norm and did it.

I really want to set an example for our girls. Show them all that life can be. Choices. I guess that is what I'm thinking about. What we choose to do with our hours and days, how we choose to spend our money, who we choose to spend time with. Reid and I understand that our actions now will set the tone for what our girls do in the future. Family is important to us. We make an effort and priority to spend time with our family. We go out of our way to spend time with my parents (not that it's any great hardship - they are awesome!!) But I want them to understand that the things that crowd into their lives as they grow up - they are good but they aren't as important as they might think. I'd like to think that they will honour us the same way we have honoured their grandparents. Kind of that "Cat's in the Cradle" by Cat Stevens thing. So I suppose that I am thinking of daily choices as well as longer term life choices. I'm just thinking.

Letting my mind go.... isn't there just a part of you that says let's just do it. Let's see where we end up.


And then that reality thing gets in the way. Of course, reality can be altered...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home