random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Today is the day. Yup. Today. My "niece" Heather is getting married tonight a 7:00 p.m. We are very thrilled for her. We like her husband to be very much.

I've spent the last 2 days decorating the Church Sanctuary and the gym for the big event. I can truly say I'm exhausted - but it really was so much fun. The sanctuary just turned out beautiful. Absolutely perfect. We brought the typical white lights and tulle - but combined it with some earthy elements like big logs of driftwood and bamboo screens. It just works and I couldn't be happier. I love it when the picture in your mind translates out into real life.

When I first met Heather she was a withdrawn, quiet girl scared because she was losing her mom to cancer and moving in with a family she didn't know at all. She's come a long way. She has graduated High School, done a year of Bible School, worked hard and managed a deli, travelled to Mexico, and is now completing her Early Childhood Education certificate.

We are very proud of the woman she has become.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw Becca's pictures of the wedding on Facebook. Sure would like to see yours of the church and the family.
Mavis

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home