random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008
















Every few years or so someone inevitably asks the question...."if you could invite any three people over for dinner - who would you choose?" Well, interestingly I have 2 that have been on my list for always. They never change. And that third spot seems to change as my interests and attentions wander.
So, as always - John Lennon. When I met Jesus, for real, the truth of who He was resonated deep within me and I knew it was a perfect fit for me. John Lennon settles in me as well. His voice, his thoughts and his lyrics speak to me - and have since I was very young - and yes, I'm fully aware that I reject many of his philosophies. I don't have to agree with him to admire him or have him over for dinner. Of course, that being dead thing really gets in the way too.

Number 2 - as always is Mother Teresa. With her deep love and devotion combined with her sharp tongue and quick wit - I'd love to sit with her for an evening. Of course, she's got that dead problem too.

Number 3 - for now at least, is Noam Chomsky. I've read his stuff for a few years now and every time I read another book, I think how much I'd like to sit and talk with him. Noam is a called by the New York Times "...the most important intellectual alive". He is a professor of linguistics but he also challenges politics and the media. He is fascinating because he is so brilliant. AND he is still alive - although he is getting older....dinner should be soon!

What about you? Dead or alive - who would you like to have over for dinner conversation?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is a tough question. Princess Di I think would be interesting. Although she has the same problem as your 2 she's dead. Bryan Adams because I love his music and have since highschool. And probably for Blake Sid the Kid or Alex Ovechkin/ for Rachel probably Brent Hayden or an other Olympic swimmer. All in all I hope they like what I would cook.!!:)

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home