random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Friday, October 03, 2008

Watch a debate last night? From what I'm reading most people flipped between our own Federal Debate and the Vice Presidential Debate in the United States. I must confess I would have been one of those people - except we don't have cable and my only choice is the good old CBC, which of course, runs only our Canadian Debate.

I watched with Caris. Who was very interested. She was hoping for a clear laying out of what each party stands for. She was fascinated in how it unfolded. I enjoyed the debate for the most part. I was beyond impressed with Elizabeth May from the Green Party. She's feisty and intelligent and well spoken. Jack Layton from the NDP did what he always does which is talk loudly and grandly and with great confidence. And as much as I lean NDP (okay, REALLY lean) on a Provincial level - it's just not clicking for me on a National level. I went into this debate really hoping that Stephan Dion would pull out something that resonated in me. Some personality perhaps. Alas, I just cannot see him leading. He is earnest and sincere and I'm not sure - lacking maybe? some inner leadership quality that rallies and inspires people. I just wanted a glimmer - it's not like I was looking for a Barack Obama - but I caught sight of nothing in him. I watched Steven Harper - He was totally and wholly unappealing. It certainly looks like he will be the next Prime Minister - which I suppose is fine because the reality is - little changes regardless of who is in power. I was telling Caris that I will cast my vote for Opposition and with my conscience.

Which looks like I'll be heading Green this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home