random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Mezuzah! I've been reading lately (in Leonard Sweet's book "Soul Salsa") about this piece of Jewish culture. In fact I'm going to use it as a talk for a ladies bbq at our Church. I've entitled it "Mezuzah your Summer!" I love this idea. Every act in every day is sacred. It is a gift of grace. Mezuzah's were tiny parchments rolled up inside a tube made of metal, tin, stone etc. They were placed on the right side of the door frame of a home. It said to everyone who entered or exited "as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord". In postmodern times it could be understood on a much grander and larger scale. This is perspective for me - God is in ordinary things. He is offering me grace in ordinary things, and I only have to recognize it to be blessed and offer praise and blessing back to the one who created me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home