random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

How does God speak? This is what I've been thinking about for the past few weeks...y'know wondering if He's actually offering me the guidance I've been seeking. I know that He speaks through His Word: the Bible, He can speak through my Pastor and other Christian friends, He speaks through His creation and maybe, just maybe, He speaks audibly.

So I've been trying to figure out why it is that I'm just not hearing...and wouldn't you know it - I discovered I was asking the wrong question. Instead of "How is God speaking?" - I began asking myself "How am I listening?" aaagh - there's a better question! Silence has never been my strong suit. So I'm going to begin again this process of seeking God for some specific answers that I need but I'm going to concentrate on listening. I KNOW God is hearing me and I know He will answer me. I've just got to be paying attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home