random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Today is one of those days when I feel like a grown-up. Every once in a while a biggie occurs and you suddenly realize you aren't in Kansas anymore. Last year my husbands dad passed away. That was a biggie. Today, a woman in our Church, who I've interacted with quite a bit of late, has been told she has cancer in her brain. You've got to understand though, this woman has had cancer on and off for 18 years. She has that "cancer gene". She's fought breast cancer, cervical cancer, stomach cancer, a tumor on her liver - and now this. I met her last year during her battle with the stomach cancer. Two of her children, who were in grade 12, moved in with my sister while their mom was in the hospital. They became my niece and nephew. It's hard to imagine what their life has been like having a mom who's been sick more often than not. Their parents are no longer together - that being a good thing. Dad is an abusive, alcoholic. Not to much support there. She went to the hospital to have the tumor removed off her liver, and that's when, through some other symptoms, they discover the brain thing.

On one hand, you can't help but think of how blessed she's been to LIVE with cancer for the last 18 years. But on the other - jeez, it really sucks. SUCKS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home