random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I watched the swearing in of the 44th President of the United States this morning.

Not something I would normally do...but this was history and I couldn't miss it. I think he gave a sober speech, a wise speech. One that offered hope, but recognized that it will take work. Serious work. I think he fully realizes the weight of power that now rests on his shoulders.

I have read some negatives about this inauguration. The cost, the waste, the choice of people asked to pray. I find that sad. I see all the pomp and ceremony totally and completely appropriate and necessary. This is history. And this man deserves to be honoured as the choice of the American People to hold the most important office in the world.

I am excited for President Obama and his family, I am excited for America and her people. He will do many things through the next four years that will probably disappoint me, things that I will profoundly disagree with.

But still...I am looking forward, with anticipation and hope, to an interesting future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home