random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, July 11, 2005

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans" so says John Lennon.

I tend to think he's right. Reid & I are really focused on our future. What is God calling us to, how can we best serve Him, how does working for a bottled water company fit into our plans, should we pursue schooling, how do we change our lifestyle so that it better reflects who we are as Christ followers both in our manner and financially.

But then...our oldest daughter turned 11. We took her and some friends go-karting. We LAUGHED all day. Our youngest is 8. She is such a spark. They both create these moments of sheer joy for us. THIS is life.

So we have these two things going on...our plans and our life. Both good things and somehow I think we've got to meld these two together so they aren't so separate. To make sure that we don't get so caught up in planning - in trying to figure out our future, that we miss the stuff that life is made up of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home