random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Janice passed away this morning around 11:00 a.m.

I'm sad, joyful, melancholy, reflective....death has a way of making you feel many things at the same time. She went peacefully~she was with her sister, her children and my sister who has cared for her so deeply (see yesterdays post). The song "Open the Eyes of my heart" was playing as her breathing slowed 'til finally it stopped. The line of that song "I want to see Jesus" is what is playing over and over in my head. Janice is finally seeing Jesus. Hallelujah.

But her children. Well, there is the sorrow. We feel joy for Janice - no pain and now safely tucked into the arms of the Lord who loves her. But the sadness of 3 children who are left without a mom. They will press on - two know Jesus ~ one is still travelling on the road to meet Him. And it is Jesus who will carry them through this grieving process. But still, it hurts. And it feels empty and lonely inside your heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home