random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Friday, August 19, 2005

My life at the moment seems to be full of questions. Maybe it's a Summer thing. Less to occupy my mind so it drifts....

I wonder about time - how we spend it, how little we have of it, how we waste it....and that leads me to thinking about "stuff". The things we accumulate - some we need, most we don't. The two thoughts are connected because I realize that often my time is taken up earning, buying or taking care of my stuff! And I bet if you asked me if "stuff" was important to me I'd tell you "no, of course not- people are. My family, my friends...and my relationship with God - now that's important!". But if you look at my time - you'd see evidence to the contrary.

And then of course, it all leads me back to my belief system and is that really reflected in the way I choose to lead my life. How does my relationship with God actually LOOK in Hope, 2005. THIS is an important question!

I came across this quote by Rainer Maria Rilke in yet another Elizabeth O'Connor book called "Eighth day of Creation". It struck a chord and gave me maybe a bit of perspective with the barrage of questions that tumble around in this brain o'mine.

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart...try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.
~Rainer Maria Rilke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home