random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Old Friends...

Tonight we just spent the evening with an old room-mate of mine. We were good friends-I was even the maid of honour in her wedding. I haven't seen her for about 13 years. So tonight, as they were driving through Hope, she and her family stopped and had supper with us. It was like we hadn't missed a beat, we picked up right where we left off. What a blessing to enjoy them all.

I wonder if it's that way for God when we fail to maintain any sort of relationship with Him. I wonder if when we do get around to sitting down and chatting with Him, He feels like we haven't missed a beat.

But oh, the joys we miss. I missed all of Joanne's important moments. The births of her 3 boys, the big anniversaries, the birthdays, the joys and the pain - just the intimacies of a close relationship where you care about another person and they care about you. I wonder what biggies we miss when we don't chat with God, when we don't listen to Him. When we fail to praise Him. It is so easy to allow ourselves to opt out of the discipline of maintaining relationships ... tonight has been a good lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home