random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

"Think what the world could look like if we took care of the poor even half as well as we do our Bibles!"

So says Dorothy Day who I read in my Bruderhof message this morning. It got me thinking two different things. One, my immediate reaction is "Yah, no kidding!". We are so careful with the Bible buying different versions, updating as it gets worn looking, buying it a fancy case. And all the while we are missing those verses (over 3000 of 'em) that speak about the poor. Things that make you say hmmmm.

Second thought...so what about God's Word: the Bible. I've been reading a lot lately about how we read the Bible. It is hard for me when so many things are unclear. It's hard to read things that seem to contradict, and it's hard to realize that Godly Christian people who are far far more intelligent than me, can read the same passage and come to two totally different conclusions. My oh so wise Pastor, who also is my brother-in-law, has posted some great thoughts regarding this on his blog. If I had a clue how to link, I would but since I don't...go to www.jeffsjourney.blogspot.com and see what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home