random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

We finally saw "Motorcycle Diaries" last night. Very beautiful movie. Slow, thoughtful, amazing scenery... It set my mind thinking various things....Che Guevara was shaped, not from one big earth shattering event - his beliefs, although probably already there, were honed and shaped by a series of simple encounters with people in Latin America. It was the people, who were from all walks and stations of life that started the line of thinking that led him toward revolution and ultimately hard line communism. I might hate his politics but I can appreciate how he saw the world.

It makes me wonder what shapes my thinking. What makes me believe the way I do - more often than not it is simple encounters with people that shape me-encounters that make me consider what I believe and Who I believe in. Life quaking, earth shattering events are few and far between. I'm going to seek to keep my eyes open for the people around me, to pay attention to their stories and let those seep into my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home