random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

How far are you willing to go?

I believe in Jesus. Son of God. Maker of Heaven and Earth and so on goes the Apostles Creed. I believe that Jesus died a cruel and painful death to pay God's price for my sin. I believe that death didn't hold Him - He conquered death and came to life three days later. I believe that He has rejoined His Father in heaven and sent the Holy Spirit to indwell those who believe. I believe that He has called me to worship Him in my life and to live in the pattern that He set while on earth.

So...

I guess my initial question - How far are you willing to go? is me wondering what do all these beliefs mean to me in the way I live my life. How much am I willing let my belief shape my actions, my decisions. How do you not live radically different that the people around you if you REALLY believe all this stuff? How can you not give sacrificially, hold your life loosely, love without boundaries, forgive constantly.

How far am I willing to go - how far am I willing to allow my belief system alter my day to day behaviour. I pray that The Lord will be pleased with my answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home