random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, August 08, 2005

I just returned from a WONDERFUL holiday in Penticton, BC. While lounging beside the pool I had time to let my mind wander and roam. I've been trying to process all that the Lord taught me while reading Elizabeth O'Connor's book. So much information....

So in my jumbled up mind, here's what has processed so far. Nothing profound for many people I'm sure, but for me, well, it's big stuff.

"Let people in". That's is how my sister summed it up for me as I spewed random thoughts at her. That's actually a pretty good analysis. I learned or I should say that I'm learning that I need to let people in. More specifically I have to let ALL people in - not just the ones I like. God loves Hope BC. He loves our community full of wealthy, poor, middle class, healthy, sick, mentally ill, addicted, liars, thieves and everyone inbetween. And because He loves them - I need to as well. And to care for them requires sacrifice, generosity, forgiveness, and the overwhelming unconditional love that only God can supply.

I've always loved people - but in retrospect, I've loved without sacrifice. I've loved in convenience and in tidy little packages. I've never loved messy. I never gave when I didn't want to, when the person got on my nerves or carried me out of my comfort zone.

so I'm going to try, with God's help, to let people in. I'm going to try, with even more of God's help, to love messy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home