random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

What a week! A crazy, emotional, incredibly long week. We celebrated Janice's life - it was a beautiful service. My husband outdid himself in his powerpoint presentation. Janice's family gave him old family pictures and he put together a beautiful montage of Janice's life. They were well pleased.

In the middle of it all( & in trying to help out where we could) we had our "3rd Annual Back to School Sleepover Party"! We had 8 kids and the only rules are to play, laugh, eat lots of candy and drink lots of pop. Let's just say we succeeded on all counts! The kids had a blast eating, drinking, watching movies, climbing our climbing wall. They all got to bed around, oh, 2 a.m.! Needless to say we sent home some tired and ornery children!

Today has been spent watching old videos of when the girls were born and just babes. I watched them be born and I can still remember everything so clearly. The smells, the pain(ach), the joy! It feels like I went to bed last night and woke up to an 11 and 8 year old. In Janice's dying I acutely feel the passing of time. It just speeds by at a breakneck pace.

Maybe this week would be a good week to examine priorities. To re-examine the mission statement of my life and make sure all my commitments and activities fit. Death has a way of clarifying the important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home