random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Two exciting things. Well, one fun/exciting the other tickyaoff/exciting.

In about 30 minutes I'm hitting the road with 5 girlfriend and we're heading South. Two days of Christmas shopping Stateside. I'll be frank and say I'm really not a shopper - in fact, I actually hate shopping. Always have. But I do like my friends. And I LOVE staying in a hotel especially one with a hot tub. So I'm off. Woo hoo.

In other news....
Yesterday I received a call from my bank (Credit Union) and they told that I had to come down and get a new debit card as they had canceled mine. Why? I ask. It had been used somewhere that had been targeted in debit card fraud and therefore it was immediately shut down and I'd have to check my accounts. Sure enough - withdrawals made in Richmond and Vancouver - places I haven't been to in quite some time! The transactions were made on Wed. My card was canceled on Thursday and I was notified shortly thereafter. I'm impressed! Very timely. The woman I spoke with said it is a huge and growing problem and people are just not taking it seriously enough. Especially at Christmas.

So be diligent. Watch that your card is swiped correctly and that you receive YOUR card back.

or just switch back to good old cash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home