random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Friday, October 19, 2007

We just had the privelege of hosting the African Children's Choir. They performed at the Church on Wednesday night and then we billeted 3 girls plus a chaperone for 2 nights. This is our 3rd year hosting and I must say - it is nothing but pure joy. These kids are the most polite and the most genuine children around. They bring perspective to me as I look at these young (8 years old!) girls and understand what they have seen in their short lives. The loss of parents, war, poverty, hunger. And the contrast to what they experience during their 14 month tour - education, laughter, Disneyland!, TV appearances (my daughter is SO jealous - they met Ellen Degeneres!) Not to mention seeing the US and Canada. Wow.

If you get a chance. Go out of your way to see this choir perform.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home