random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Saturday, September 22, 2007


When someone you know passes away, you just get thinking - about life and what you do with it. How we spend most of our lives consumed with the unimportant - dragged down in busy-ness. Not always of course. But so many days just pass. Never to be experienced again.
It got me thinking about Reid's Aunt Mabel. Aunt Mabel is 102 years old and lives in Calgary, AB. She is beyond wonderful. An absolutely beautiful woman inside and out. I remember when I first met her- she was in her late 80's I think. She used to read 3 or 4 newspapers just so she could discuss anything with anyone at any time. She would walk around her block frequently. And she always sat at the back of her church so she could be the first one up and meeting the new people to invite them over to lunch. They used her in a documentary on the effects of a positive attitude in aging.
We visited her on our holiday in June. Here's our lovely family with the one and only Aunt Mabel.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you are posting pictures. Did you figure it out or inlist the help of someone else. We never did make our blog lesson date. Love the photo.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home