random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I came across this yesterday as I read the blog of novelist Lisa Samson. She expresses far more eloquently thought that I've felt for some time. Think about it.


He was speaking about our redemption, our salvation from sin. You see, for years, I've viewed myself as the center of my own existence. I've viewed redemption with my sin at the center of it all. So if God came down, it was because my sin. Lisa, therefore, was at the center of the picture. Orbiting around my sin, was God's love.

But what if that picture is turned inside out? What if, at the center of it all, is instead, God's love? For it wasn't my sin that brought him down. It was His great love. If He didn't love, our sin would mean nothing to Him. Why would He care if we wallowed in misery and despair if He didn't love us? What if God's love is at the center of the picture, and around it us sinners, being drawn in by grace toward Love, toward God Incarnate? Suddenly, it doesn't seem so impossible. Suddenly our sins seem easily blotted out by the magnificent grace of God's love. Darkness swallowed up in light. Death swallowed up in victory. Love unfailing, unending, all powerful.
What a reminder for me to put myself in my proper place, and God in His.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home