random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Oh so many random thoughts parading through my head.

Reid is in California this week - he'll be home tomorrow. I always miss him when he's away and this trip has been a particularly difficult one for me in that it was during his last two trips away that I've had my accidents. It makes me nervous for what could be. Ridiculous I know but there it is floating around in my brain.

I'm happily in physio. I have been fairly sore the days following the appointments but the long term forecast is holding me steady. I am beyond ready to re-gain mobility in my right shoulder and to be pain free. Whatever it takes.

My next two random thoughts are actually connected. For quite some time I've been working with some folks regarding the youth ministry in our Church. What is it? Why does it exist? Where have we succeeded and failed? Where is God leading us now? We've always had a pretty good bunch of youth. We have a decent youth ministry but it does need work. Tweaking really. So I'm part of a team to help build this. And I am excited at what might be. Being that Caris is youth group age now, I have somewhat of a vested interest in the whole thing...which leads me to the 2nd thought - parenting through the teen years. It is really a whole new ball game. And as we discuss this topic with friends who've been there or are there now - I feel driven to my knees because I know that Reid & I cannot negotiate this chapter on our own.

Travelling, accidents, fear, pain, hope, ministry, teen-agers, parenting. How is that for some random musings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok turn your brain off. just till Sept. then we can stress together. Off to Regionals on Sat. Rachel has had swimmers ear and is on the mend. Please pray for 2nd or 3rd place finishes. She is really ready to go to the Provincial level.
Have fun at camp Caris

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home