random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, June 04, 2007

What a whirlwind! We left for Victoria on Wednesday, came home Friday night and celebrated grad all day Saturday.

Victoria was a hoot. Busy. We were able to be real tourists - went to the wax museum, the Royal Museum's Titanic exhibit, an IMAX show, we went to Beacon Hill Park, to the Bug Zoo and just hung out at a mall and swimming. The honour band kids played their concert at one small school and were very well received. They did great. And then the rest of our time we were movin'! The kids were awesome - well, maybe 98% of them were awesome. I really enjoyed them. We came home a day early with Caris' friend Rachel and her mom Brenda. They had a big party to go to on Saturday and we had grad. It worked out well and we came home on one of the really big, new ferries. It was a beautiful crossing. I was impressed. Almost worth the billion dollars they charge you to travel!

Grad, as always, was quite a celebration. It was terribly hot in the gym but so worth seeing so many of the kids we know graduate. We then hit a couple grad parties - fun to relax and visit and just show the grads that we are with them. I'm always struck by kids graduating who feel as if they've arrived. Wow, look what I've done. And I don't want to make light of that. It's a big deal - a great accomplishment. But it is just the beginning. The start of many big deals. But don't get me started on that!! We are very proud of the Class of '07.

One of our favourite things about the Hope Graduation ceremonies is that the community support is amazing. The scholarships and bursaries offered by people and businesses in the community of Hope is overwhelming. Our little town with all its troubles and idiosyncrasies really is hugely supportive of the kids that come through our High School. I'm proud of our town at grad time.

I guess there is some truth to the saying "it takes a village to raise a child".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a blast too!!:) Never did find my jacket even called the mall and the farm:( Oh well bought a new one in Costco today.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home