random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Well, today I want you all to know that I, yes me, am a hero.

What? How can that be you ask. Let me tell you the story - and you, along with my children,can also adore me for my heroic feat.

I woke up around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. And as I tried to get comfy & fall back asleep I could hear our dog Pippi prancing around. I heard the "tic,tic,tic" of her nails on the laminate and I also heard her sniffing - big loud sniffs. Now, this normally is no big deal but it went on for a few minutes - and this caught my attention. So I hauled my rear-end out of my nice warm bed and soon discovered what or should I say who, Pippi was sniffing for. We are hamster-sitting our niece Rebecca's hamster Pip. The door to Pip's cage was wide open and his cage - empty. uh-oh. I called Reid and the girls both woke up in the commotion and there was all four of us looking for this hamster in the middle of the night. Pippi eventually gave up her sniffing and went to bed which left us searching. We broke up and I eventually spied Pip cruising down the hallway in a burst of speed - adrenaline and the rush of freedom calling the little rodent. Reid finally caught him and we got him back in his cage and taped everything as solid as we could. What an adventure.

And I - well, my quick and curious mind saved the day, making me a hero - and a little hamster named Pip was rescued.

I'm sure that my niece will think of great things with which to reward me!

Right Bec????

3 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

OH MY WORD!!! you are the coolest greatest aunt on the face of this earth!!!! Thankyou Thankyou of and did I mention THANKYOU!!
you are the best!!!
Love Ya
Becca
P.S. Tell Pip I said Hi!!

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Auntie Cyndi. You are a true hero. Rachel's big feet couldn't get him and neither can freedom of the open road. You better by some chains and locks for the escape artist. I think Becca's subconscious willing Pip to escape to test your true hamster caring abilities.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have renamed him "Houdini".
~Reid

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home