random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, April 09, 2007

I typed several posts yesterday and managed to post none. Suffice it to say:
HE IS RISEN. HE IS RISEN INDEED.

So now as I'm attempting to post, I have Miko, Kuhn dog extraordinaire whining at me. Why? I have no idea. She in, she's out, she's in, she's out...I can't quite figure her out...sigh.

I was reading a book the other day - about buying and living in a villa in Tuscany. Maybe I was dreaming a bit about chucking it all and heading to Italy. It sounds just so very - very. Anyway, as I was reading I came across a word I'd never heard of. I couldn't even figure it out in context of what I was reading. Unusual. So I of course then ask my very wise friend Mark, who knows ALL words and even some Latin ones. What greater source could I have?? Well, it turns out even he hadn't heard of it. I then turned to that wonderful source of everything: Google. It of course had the answer. So here is your English lesson for today.

lugubrious
: mournful, dismal, or gloomy, esp. in an affected, exaggerated, or unrelieved manner.

Use that in a sentence!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home