random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What a difference a day makes.

Saturday, for the first time ever, I felt 'down' because of all the rain we've had. The rain truly doesn't bother me - at least until this year. So this past Saturday I sat in my living room feeling well, blah. Such a dismal picture outside.

Oh, but Sunday. Sunday saw clear skies and NO rain. And then Monday - again, no rain and even patches of blue. Wow. Monday we walked here and there - any chance we got really - anything to get outside. And you know, we weren't the only ones. Everywhere we went we passed other people doing just the same thing. Everyone was smiling and commenting on the weather. It was great - just great. I even have some daffodils, crocuses and snowdrops coming out in my front flowerbed. How beautiful.

It's a good picture of the week to come. Next week is Holy Week. It is something I've been able to spearhead at our Church for the last three years. Just a matter of taking the Wed, Thurs, Friday before Resurrection Day to prepare. So Wednesday is a time to worship, to pray, to reflect. It's a Vespers service, very quiet, very meditative. A good start to preparing your heart for the sorrow to come. Thursday we are going to do a 'symbolic' seder service. I'm a little nervous on this one. It's a big task. The Seder meal is the Jewish Passover meal. We aren't doing a full meal but will be including all the symbolic elements. It is a time to tell the 'God Story' to your children. Friday will be a 'Stations of the Cross' with all the Churches in town. The Hope Ministerial, which includes virtually every Church in Hope, is together sponsoring a cross walk. Last year saw about 80 plus people walking from Church to Church, carrying the cross and doing some readings at each location. It was a very moving time.

So as we allow ourselves to mourn, to feel the sorrow that would have surrounded that first Easter it better prepares us for what is to come. How can you truly enjoy a feast if you've never been hungry? I want to feel the joy, the absolute joy found in the resurrection. And to do that, I must take part in the suffering. Allow myself to feel a bit of pain.

Just like the weather. I don't know that I would truly have appreciated the patchy blue skies, if it hadn't been for the weeks of rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home