random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, February 19, 2007

So lent is coming up.

I don't come from a Church tradition that practices Lent but I like the idea of "giving something up" in order to better prepare myself for the celebration that is to come (the celebration being the death and resurrection of Christ).

So that of course poses the question...what to give up? This year the choice was obvious - as obvious as the substantial nose on my face. I'm giving up laziness. Strange? Perhaps. But in light of recent events I have been giving great thought to this gift of life. I have been pierced with the realization that life is indeed precious and I have squandered more than a few days.

So while it may seem an odd and maybe vague choice - I am going to live intentional for the 40 days of Lent.

and hopefully a few more beyond that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home