random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas eve. Well, Christmas eve day anyway. But honestly there is no difference to my children! It's the DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Last night my parents took the girls on their annual tour of the Minter Garden Christmas Lights. They go every year and every year they come back in awe of what has been created there. Go if you can.

Reid & I hit a Christmas open house at some new friends and then headed over to see a couple of friends play at a local restaurant. We had a great time. For Reid, it was great to be out and be social. He loves meeting and talking to people, loves schmoozing and visiting. It's a little harder for me but he was so happy that I couldn't mind at all. Our friends play at Skinny's Grill every year on the Sat. before Christmas. It's usually fairly well attended but this year - well, let's just say we should have made reservations. Packed! We managed to mooch into a table of friends we saw - or we would have had to wait for 1/2 hr or more! Unheard of in Hope. It felt like Christmas. We knew well over half the people in the place, Mark & LaVern singing Christmas songs, visiting with friends.... things I love about living where we live.

It struck me that in the middle of the chaos in the world - Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, AIDS, hunger, poverty.... we found joy & peace in a little restaurant in a town called Hope. May you find joy and peace in an unlikely spot this season.

A peace filled Christmas to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home