random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

and since there is 34 days until Christmas - I think it is timely to remind everyone that Friday is adbusters "Buy Nothing Day".

I think it is important to pause in this season of frenzied spending and stop. THINK about what we're doing when we spend, spend, spend. Now, I must confess I am not a nutso Christmas shopper - I love Christmas, I love giving gifts, I even like receiving them - but I hate the waste. So we've always been wise givers - not cheap or even frugal - just thoughtful. Maybe we need a day to stop and think before we purchase. We need to learn to give responsibly - and still have a great time!

So, while you're not shopping on Friday - take the time to research some unique gift giving possibilities...you might be surprised what you find.

2 Comments:

Blogger Niki said...

Thought I'd come to the wrong blog! Love your "new look"!


Here is our "interesting"gift for the father -in-law who has everything. What do you think? Good conversation piece at least!!

http://www.jonessoda.com/files_new/turkey05.html

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cyndi,

I'm glad you commented at my blog, and I'm happy to find your blog. I wonder if we'll cross-connect with some old college friends in our respective comments?

My email is stauf46 at hotmail dot com.

Terry terry TERRY Terry terry ....

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home