random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving.

It is hard to come up with interesting and new things to be thankful for. Things that don't sound like meaningless words without thought. Because you know what? Those cliche things really are the things I'm thankful for.

I thank God every day for my family. I'm talking about my husband, my children, my parents, my sister & brother, their spouses and their children. The whole lot of 'em. Where would I be without them? I don't even wanna know. I'm thankful to never be hungry or cold (ok maybe we are bit cold but I just don't want to turn the furnace on yet!) . I'm thankful that we have jobs and money; that we are among the "haves". and even though I am wary of our present Government, I am thankful that I live here in Canada.

Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.
~Henri Frederic Amiel


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home