random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Every year at about this time I get excited. I love new beginnings. It's a fresh start - clean duo-tangs, new pencils, erasers.....

There are many things I enjoy about September. I like getting back into routine, into a schedule. I love the cooler weather. I love being able to plan and organize how we can structure the coming term so that we all are functioning at our optimum levels. I do this every year and I actually think we improve things a little bit every year. Some ideas come in - and they last oh, maybe a week or two. But they evolve into something useful. A family takes ideas and twists them until they fit for them.

So what things am I really excited about? Well, at the Church we are changing (yes the dreaded 'C' word) and moving ALL our clubs onto one night. That's right - ALL clubs on ONE night. Friday Night Live! (just to show how my brain travels off, as I type this my mind wanders to the obvious connection of Saturday Night Live and some of my old highschool faves - Roseanne Rosannadanna, the Whiners, Samurai everything....now that was comedy!)

We will begin at 6:30 (usual time) and end at 8:00 (again, the usual) and in the middle? well, a logistical nightmare!! No, actually I think it is going to be incredible energy - over 100 kids and adults excited and ready to go. Every inch of the Church building being used, the walls shaking with noise, laughter and music. Sounds heavenly to me. and I think Jesus will be enjoying Himself as well. We realized that we were seriously fragmenting the family with our clubs being held on different nights of the week. We have friends were were out Tuesday, Thursday and Friday just for their kids and only for Church things- that isn't even including any activities outside the Church. That's ridiculous. So we thought - lets bring everyone together. One night. The whole family can come out and participate. It'll be great for our Church family and it will allow more time in the community. And that is pretty important.

The other thing I'm excited about is that our whole family is going to do a 5 km walk/run on October 28 - the Spooktacular Scurry in Langley. So training will begin asap and we're all excited - even Grandma and Grandpa are going to join us. We are hoping to then register for a Santa Shuffle - 5 km fun-run in December.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home