random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Well, there's good news and bad news.

Let's start with the bad..... our dog does indeed need surgery. But on her knees and not her hips. I'm not sure if it's just one knee or both - we'll find out on Wed. It is probably going to be fairly costly. *sigh* Her hips have arthritis. We're all very sad. But we're still hopeful - and we'll find out details Wednesday morning.

Now the good news.... I had a great time this weekend. and nobody is more surprised than me - believe me! I didn't know a good many people there. Lots of 2nd and 3rd cousins and possibly more distant than that. But on the other hand, most of my immediate cousins, aunts and uncles, my cousins kids, their kids - were all there. And that was worth it. I actually really like them. Yup, there was a lot of beer - many started around 10 a.m. and finally called it a day around 2 or 3 a.m. Lots of cussin' and smoking - but there was also a kinship. A sense that even though we barely know each other, even though we lead radically different lives - we are family. We were at a place called Pillar Lake. No beach but we were able to take out these pontoon boats across the lake and the kids could jump off a cool rope swing. We talked, had scavenger hunts, played "bush golf" which was hilarious. We ate great food, and took a bazillion or so pictures.

So I guess I eat my words....... it was a great way to spend our final weekend of Summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home