random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Home again. We had a wonderful couple days away - it really felt like we were away even though we were so close to home.

My day of silence was very interesting. I spent the day praying, reading and painting. All my thoughts became prayers. I had initially thought this would be an opportunity for God to speak to me - that I'd receive some great divine inspiration. I can't say I heard any clear ideas from the Lord. But what did happen was just as meaningful for me. I ended up doing two specific things: repenting - I never realized I had so much to confess to the Lord. And it felt good. I also spent time laying concern items at His feet. The two really are intertwined. I felt like I ended yesterday with God's lap just chock full of my worries and stresses.

I'll just have to keep praying I can leave them there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home