random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Yesterday found me sitting in my livingroom, staring out the window and smiling. At what? Well, I had 6 little girls at the end of my driveway, sharing 4 deck chairs and 4 TV trays, with homemade posters and piles & piles of homemade cookies (courtesy of my best baking friend extraordinaire Lisa). They sold them by donation with the money going toward suffering people in Lebanon. Specifically to help some Sri Lankan women who arrived in Lebanon illegally to earn money to send home to their families. These women worked for families who have long fled in the midst of the war and now they are stuck - no money, no passport, no way to get out. We have friends who have opened a bank account and are collecting donations. I love that the girls are so keen to help out in a practical way. So far they've raised almost $100.00.

let the little children lead us..................

1 Comments:

Blogger Niki said...

That is AWESOME!! Your post really made me smile too! Where can I buy my cookie?

Great seeing you and your growing (in quality, not quantity - ha, ha!) family at church on Sunday, even if it was just for a few seconds!

Enjoying your random musings!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home