random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, August 21, 2006

I've been thinking lately about purity. As our eldest turns 12 and heads toward the teen years we see many changes on the horizon. Purity is something that will be an issue for us and many of our friends. How do we demonstrate, teach, encourage purity?

I have been reading the blog of an author named Lisa Samson for quite some time. She's on my list of people I'd like to meet and have coffee (fairtrade of course) with. She's smart, she's funny, she's articulate, she's wise (which is not to be confused with smart). She has just had a book published called "Apples of Gold" which is a parable about purity. It is the next book I want to find and read. She also has a blog specifically for this book and on it is a true story of her own purity. It's a great story - it even made me cry. I've managed to post a link to it - enjoy.

http://lisasamson.typepad.com/apples/2006/08/the_day_the_off.html

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

Cyndi! Thanks for the link! I so appreciate it.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home