random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What is the saying? ...when it rains - it pours....

Today it seems to be pouring. We were out at our usual Monday night potluck -which by the way was listed as the number 0ne thing to do to beat boredom on a tight budget - and when we returned were met with 3 fairly serious prayer requests. I hate that.

.....my brothers mother-in-law is having triple bypass surgery. Well, actually with the time change I guess surgery is wrapping up. She was 80 to 90% blocked in some arteries. Her recovery will need a great deal of prayer too.
.....the father of one of my oldest and dearest friends is in serious pain with kidney stones. In fact his left kidney is FULL of them. Some of them huge. He can't do the simplest things without a great deal of pain. And to top this one off - they have found a spot on his lung. We are praying it is just pneumonia.
....we have friends that have spent the entire summer driving missions teams back and forth from BC to Mexico. They have a 6 year old son that travels with them and he has wound up in the hospital in Mexico. At this point, we don't know what is wrong.

It is overwhelming to bring such huge things before the Lord. And yet I also have complete peace and confidence that the One in whose lap I place my requests, is more than able to deal with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home