random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

As I type it is 9:52 p.m. and there are 8 kids in my backyard screaming. Yes, it is our 4th annual back-to-school sleepover. What's that you ask? Well, it is the weekend where we as insane parents have 2 daughters, 4 nieces, and 2 really close to niece & nephews over for a "sleep" over. First, we buy $75.00 worth of candy. Yep. $75.00. It's not cheap to buy skittles and gummy worms, smarties and pop.... Then we watch a movie. At break time we go outside for a "tiki" ceremony. A tiki ceremony is when we go into the backyard & the kids go onto the trampoline. We light our tiki torches and they dance and perform this humerous ceremony. Very traditional, very fun. Then back inside for our second movie and finally ........bed.

It's so fun to celebrate with this gang. They're great kids. and it's fun to be a kid again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home