random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

This week I understand how it feels to be a double income family. It's Wednesday and truth be told, I'm exhausted. I was hired by the Post Office last month as a casual. Great! I'm thrilled - called in occasionally, make some great money - no big deal. What does go with that however is training. Two weeks , fulltime... so here I am running out the door at 8:30 to meet my carpool (training is in Chwk). Before that happens though, my kids have to be out the door, cycling over to Grandma's house. I admit I am rather spoiled in having Grandma pick up homeschooling with my girls. What a gift for me AND the girls. We all arrive home around the same time - 5:15 ish. Then of course it's supper and the evening.

How do you do this all the time??? I miss my morning cuddles and planning the day as we lay in my bed first thing in the morning. I miss relaxing over my coffee until we start school. I miss getting supper, laundry and other cleaning done over the course of a day. I miss having my evening to have fun and hang out rather than trying to catch up on what didn't happen that day. I know that for some - there is no choice. This is life. So be it. I tip my hat to you - I watch some of you and you do it ALL and you do it well.

But for me. I am still looking forward to the 'casual' shift that doesn't completely and totally disrupt my life. I am pretty sure that 'having it all' isn't talking about money - My version of having it all probably is more hanging out with my family, keeping a tight budget(and believe me, it is a TIGHT budget!) and having time to be........ well, to just be.

They say that you can't appreciate a feast without a famine, the having without the have-not. I think that's true. I certainly appreciate more the life we've chosen now that I've walked on the other side.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

Wondering how your week played out. We have similar issues about working outside the home. My time for full time paid work has come. I waited until my kids were almost grown up. I'm exhausted most of the time now, because I don't want Gillian to miss out on homemade bread and volleyball with mom.

I love your tiki lantern tradition.

Thanks for your comment on my blog about the girls' cookie fund raising project.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home