random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Today I've decided that the world is insane.

As I lay in bed this morning and listened to the radio ... well, let's just say that listening to the news first thing in the morning is a great way to get you on your knees praying.

-more dead in Afghanistan
-more dead in Iraq -in fact, the number was 69 in October alone. SIXTY NINE!
-a mother kills her 2 young daughters - of course now Social Services is passing the blame elsewhere
-North Korea is threatening with more nuclear testing and who knows what else
-the President of the US signs a bill allowing for torture. Yup, let's get rid of human rights so we can all feel safe.

As I had all this weighing on my mind I took my kids to French class at the Elementary School. And I saw a bunch of cutie-patootie little gomers running in the rain with backpacks as big as they are on their backs. Most of them were laughing and talking. The world carries on.

It makes me want to ensure that they have a great life ahead of them with all the hopes and dreams that I had - that we all had.

and really, that we still have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home