random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

I'm sitting here having a perfect reflective moment. I've got a cup of steaming hot 'mountain oolong tea' from Chinatown. I've got a perfectly quiet house (the girls are off somewhere with their Uncle Jeff) and I've got something to reflect on.

Today my husband is 41 years old. I can't comment on his age because truth be told - I'm older than he is - only 10 months but still.....

What I am actually thinking about is love. and like. and everything in between. Reid was 26 years old when I fell in love with him. A mere child. At 26 he was adventurous, fun to be around, made me laugh. He was a Christian, he did the Church thing, he loved people and getting involved. At 41 he is still all those things - but more. The years have only made him more fun, more loving, more wise. The commitment he made to God when he was young, has deepened into a real relationship.

It has been exciting for me watch him grow into the Christ-follower, the husband, the dad, the friend that he is today.

He has been a true gift for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home