random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I'm quickly typing a post between answering the door for trick-or-treaters. Some of them are pretty darn cute - others, well, yuck is the nicest word I can use to describe it. Caris has the flu and is out in spite of it. I don't think she'll last very long - poor thing. She was so devastated to miss her last halloween going out as a trick or treater.... we'll see how long she lasts. Our gang looks so adorable. Caris is a "wacky" reporter (think plaid & a bow tie!) Phoebe is a rock star. My nieces are looking pretty fine as well... we've got Bethany as Little Bo Peep, Kaitlyn as a Rubiks Cube, Madison as a basket of dirty laundry (yes those are undies on her head) and Becca is a farmer.
Tansie is a girl from the 80's (leg warmers and all!) and Nicolas is a rock star. He looks like a blonde haired Slash from Guns 'n Roses. Lots of fun.

....well, in the time it took to type this out Caris has returned. *sigh* Oh well, points for trying!

I've been thinking about Maher Arar today. Just as I was falling asleep last night I heard on the news that neither the United States or Canada are issuing apologies to him. The States has only gone so far as to say that it will never happen again. big wup. They deported an innocent man - an innocent CANADIAN man back to his country of origin, Syria, which is known for being a country that practises torture and is not a big believer in human rights. Unbelievable. More unbelievable is the information or should I say MIS information that came via the RCMP and indirectly the Cdn. Government. That is abhorrent. So now he now has been proven innocent - completely vindicated and our Gov. can't issue an apology because they say, of the law suit. It may effect the dollar amount they say. geez. I can't imagine that saying sorry to a man who endured what no human should ever have to is contingent on what may happen in court. We all know the government messed up. They know they messed up. Mr. Arar certainly knows it.

Wouldn't it be nice if they took the high moral road and just did what was right. No matter what the courts had to say.

1 Comments:

Blogger Niki said...

Wish you posted pics! I love costumes and want to see your "gang"!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home