random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

On Sunday we celebrated the first Sunday of Advent. It was a beautiful service - I walked away feeling several things. One, we really live in a time where we need hope. The news is filled with story after story of crazy things happening in our world, the streets of our town are filled with hungry and cold addicts who have no hope, my living room has been filled this week with ladies who are scared and feeling like there is no hope in the future...we need hope. The second thing I walked out of Church with was that hope is here. He arrived in a dirty smelly little cave filled with simple people, animals and shepherds. As we reflect on life. As we reflect on this season of fun and laughter, of gifts and bright lights... lets also reflect on what brings us hope. Hope that lasts, hope that offers something deeper and eternal.

Hope found in that bed of hay looking nothing like the saviour of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home