random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I got a card yesterday in the mail. It was from a young man who is away at Bible School in Manitoba. I don't even think he's 20 yet. I had him in Youth for a couple years on and off. Ever meet a person and think "wow, there is just something about him/her". You know that special summthin'. Dustin has it. He is a handsome, smart, disciplined guy. He is chivalrous (in that dashing old fashioned way) and a true gentleman. AND he's fun. He can do crazy Monty Python routines for talent shows that have everyone rolling in the aisles.

And while all that is great - those qualities pale in comparison to his zeal and passion for Jesus. The kid is absolutely and in every way in love with God. You can see it in the spark in his eyes or the way he can't wait to tell you what he's learning. He prays, I mean, he REALLY prays when he says he will.

I love this guy. I pray that another of two him will come along and sweep my girls off their feet in 10-15 years or so! And I hope that you get to meet someone like him in your life. He is unusual and wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home