random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

I'm well into the throws of my list of things to accomplish. Some are simple (well, relatively speaking) like changing our bedroom around or laying down the carpet we've had in the basement for hmmmm.... 2 years!?! So I guess maybe I've got it divided into categories. House, Personal (subdivided into physical, spiritual, intellectual), Family and Community. In all these areas I have things I'd like to accomplish. And some of them are very simple - for instance under 'community' I've written things like bring some cookies to my elderly neighbors (simple) as well as have a film festival for the community, held at our Church, and focusing on Social Justice causes (not so simple).

One thing Reid & I are going to do throughout this year is see every movie that won a 'Best Picture' Oscar. Some may be hard to find (the early years) but we've got a long way to go before we get to them! We've probably seen a little less than half of them already and there are many that just one of us has seen. Our rule is that we both have to see it although Reid's already said that he's pretty sure I can't handle movies like Schindler's List or Silence of the Lambs. We'll have to see. It may just be that I don't sleep for a few days afterwards!

Another is to expand my reading. I noticed that this past year was the 'year of reading tritely'. So I'm going to change that. If you have any suggestions for me please let me know. I'm open to anything - just let it feed me something healthy instead of junk food.

p.s. Lisa, you'll be happy to know that I'm kicking this off with the classic "Anna Karenina".

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Kuhn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Jeff Kuhn said...

I'm thinking about buying this one if you want to use it in the film festival...

Briars in the Cottonpatch: The Story of Koinonia Farm

See more here -
http://www.koinoniapartners.org/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=183DVD&Category_Code=vide

Let me know if you're interested.

Jeff

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home