random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Well, we survived. Christmas day has come and gone, although we are still in celebration mode. We are now looking forward of course to New Years and then Epiphany (when tradition says that the wise men arrived to see the babe). New Years is not huge for me. Never has been. This year, as with many years in the past, we will celebrate with some good friends. This year it's gonna be a movie and then home for games, some woo-hoo at midnight and bed. New Years Day will be over to some friends who live on Kawkawa Lake for brunch and the 3rd annual Polar Bear Swim. Although 'swim' is a bit of a stretch. It's more like the "Polar Bear Run in the water, get wet really quickly and run out and into the hot tub". But hey, that's just too long! Last year we had quite a range of folks come out - right from young kids to a wonderful woman (who I want to be when I grow up) who is well into her 60's.

Once again I've got change on the mind. Which is par for this time of year. It is a time for reflection, for seeing where I 'walked humbly with my God' and where I need to let the Holy Spirit have a little more control.

It's my time to rejoice and count my blessings.

And when I pause to remember - I am always overwhelmed with the wonder of the year that was.

May it be so for you too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julius Seizer said...

Cyndi,

Counting one's blessing is probably the best and most effective piece of self-help advice known to man. It's also the most ignored. Ironic, eh?

Happy new year, regardless...

Julius

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home